Friday, January 14, 2011

Southern Hospitality

To be honest with you all...I always thought Southern Hospitality was a myth. That was until I moved to the south :-)

Here are a few examples in the last two weeks of what I've discovered about Southern Hospitality

1) The first day we got here (at 5 in the morning) Gunner ran straight over to the neighbor's house and made all 5 of their dogs bark uncontrollably and the neighbors just laughed about it later on that day.
2) I rear-ended a nice old couple's truck...I only hit their trailer hitch so it didn't hurt their truck at all but I felt so embarrassed and sad and the nice little old lady gave me a hug! When has ANYONE been hugged by someone after you hit their car?!
3) A friend of Kim's (who I had never met before) came over, introduced herself, and helped me organize and clean the day after we moved everything in.
4) 6 guys from church came over and unloaded our moving truck in 20 minutes!
5) We've only been here for 2 weeks and people at the store already remember who we are!
6) Everyone says to me "How are you today ma'am?" And then actually LISTEN to my response!
7) Complete strangers can meet one minute and end up having an hour long conversation together like they've been friends forever!

Those are the only things I can think of right now but something like that happens to me every day! I love how people treat each other here and I hope and pray that someday it can be like this everywhere in the world!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

1 comment:

  1. That's AWESOME honey bunny!! I am SO glad it is that welcoming there. I worried about you moving to an entirely new place so this is music to my ears!! I LOVE ya booger!

    ReplyDelete